Brittany Murphy to Replace Lindsay Lohan in 'Poor Things'?
Brittany Murphy is said to be filling the empty role left by troubled starlet Lindsay Lohan. According to Hollywood Reporter, the co-star of Angelina Jolie in "Girl, Interrupted" is looking at the possibility to star in the dark comedy "Poor Things" after Lohan earlier dropped her involvement in the film.
Though it was said that the negotiation for the part hasn't been started yet, the certain thing is that if she is indeed signed, she will be joining the cast that include Shirley MacLaine, Olympia Dukakis, Rosario Dawson and Channing Tatum. She will also work under the direction of helmer Scott Marshall, and she will be teaming up with producers Rob Hickman and Jack Gilardi Jr. Meanwhile, the film itself resolves around two female con artists who became friends and decide to slain homeless men to collect on their insurance policies.
Like many successful Hollywood stars, Murphy started her film career from television series. She had appeared in "Drexell's Class" and "Boy Meets World" among others. In 1995, she made her movie debut when landing a role in "Clueless" with Alicia Silverstone. Since then, she has played in various feature films, including "Little Black Book" and "Sin City". She recently has been cast to play in indie film "Across the Hall".
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory