The Beckhams Are Hoping to Adopt a Baby Girl from Africa
Was moved by the plight of orphans in Sierra Leone where he recently spent four days as a Goodwill Ambassador for United Nations' children's charity UNICEF, David Beckham reportedly is planning to adopt a baby girl from Africa.
David and his singer-socialite wife Victoria Adams are said to have always wanted a little girl in addition to their three sons; Brooklyn Joseph, Romeo James, and Cruz David.
Grazia Magazine who was the first to report on the adoption speculation quoted a friend of the couple as saying, "Adoption is something David has been talking about for some time. If there is one subject that can move him to tears, it's the thought of being unloved, uncared for and with no hope or future. It was only when David started planning his trip to Sierra Leone that they began talking about adoption again. It's clear they both think adoption is great."
Concerning their adoption plans, the Beckhams according to Grazia have sought advice from showbiz friend Tom Cruise who has two adopted children; Connor Anthony Kidman Cruise and Isabella Jane Kidman Cruise, with his ex-wife Nicole Kidman.
"Tom has talked to David about how adoption changed him and how he's been able to change the lives of two amazing children," the friend said further.
Being asked to comment on the adoption rumors, a representative for the Beckhams said, "They both publicly have said that while they admire people who go through the adoption process, their focus is raising their own three boys."
During his recent visit to Sierra Leone, David got the chance to immunize babies, make friends with local children in the conflict-stricken country and even witness a birth of a newborn child. Commented on that matter, the soccer stud revealed, "I was close to tears. I had to step back and take a deep breath. I'm a very emotional person and I'm even more emotional now I'm a parent. But what stopped me crying was knowing that what these kids are going through is far worse than my feelings."
More David Beckham News
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West