Venom, the 'Spider-Man 3' Villain to Have Own Film?
Back in 2006, one of Spider-Man's enemies, Venom, was introduced to the fans in "Spider-Man 3". On Saturday, February 2, IESB reported that the evil Spider-Man look-alike, humanly known as Eddie Brock, will get his own share in the big screen.
On its movie news site, IESB confirmed the rumor that the studio owning the rights to the character, who has been portrayed by Topher Grace in the action hero film, have been in talks with several "A list writers" to make the spin-off film. It was said that New Line Cinema had the theatrical rights to Venom eight years ago, but had given back the right to Marvel which have teamed up with Sony Pictures for "Spider-Man 3". Hence, which studios to produce the spin-off isn't known yet.
Considered one of the greatest threats to humanity in the Spider-Man universe, Venom a.k.a. the Venom Symbiote is a sentient alien with a liquid-like form which requires a human host to survive. By bonding itself to the host, it gives its host enhanced power to form a super-villain. Its first host was Spider-Man implementing evil thoughts to the hero. Following Spider-Man's rejection, the alien finds other host and then becomes known as Venom.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says