Venom, the 'Spider-Man 3' Villain to Have Own Film?
Back in 2006, one of Spider-Man's enemies, Venom, was introduced to the fans in "Spider-Man 3". On Saturday, February 2, IESB reported that the evil Spider-Man look-alike, humanly known as Eddie Brock, will get his own share in the big screen.
On its movie news site, IESB confirmed the rumor that the studio owning the rights to the character, who has been portrayed by Topher Grace in the action hero film, have been in talks with several "A list writers" to make the spin-off film. It was said that New Line Cinema had the theatrical rights to Venom eight years ago, but had given back the right to Marvel which have teamed up with Sony Pictures for "Spider-Man 3". Hence, which studios to produce the spin-off isn't known yet.
Considered one of the greatest threats to humanity in the Spider-Man universe, Venom a.k.a. the Venom Symbiote is a sentient alien with a liquid-like form which requires a human host to survive. By bonding itself to the host, it gives its host enhanced power to form a super-villain. Its first host was Spider-Man implementing evil thoughts to the hero. Following Spider-Man's rejection, the alien finds other host and then becomes known as Venom.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce