Venom, the 'Spider-Man 3' Villain to Have Own Film?
Back in 2006, one of Spider-Man's enemies, Venom, was introduced to the fans in "Spider-Man 3". On Saturday, February 2, IESB reported that the evil Spider-Man look-alike, humanly known as Eddie Brock, will get his own share in the big screen.
On its movie news site, IESB confirmed the rumor that the studio owning the rights to the character, who has been portrayed by Topher Grace in the action hero film, have been in talks with several "A list writers" to make the spin-off film. It was said that New Line Cinema had the theatrical rights to Venom eight years ago, but had given back the right to Marvel which have teamed up with Sony Pictures for "Spider-Man 3". Hence, which studios to produce the spin-off isn't known yet.
Considered one of the greatest threats to humanity in the Spider-Man universe, Venom a.k.a. the Venom Symbiote is a sentient alien with a liquid-like form which requires a human host to survive. By bonding itself to the host, it gives its host enhanced power to form a super-villain. Its first host was Spider-Man implementing evil thoughts to the hero. Following Spider-Man's rejection, the alien finds other host and then becomes known as Venom.
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO