Venom, the 'Spider-Man 3' Villain to Have Own Film?
Back in 2006, one of Spider-Man's enemies, Venom, was introduced to the fans in "Spider-Man 3". On Saturday, February 2, IESB reported that the evil Spider-Man look-alike, humanly known as Eddie Brock, will get his own share in the big screen.
On its movie news site, IESB confirmed the rumor that the studio owning the rights to the character, who has been portrayed by Topher Grace in the action hero film, have been in talks with several "A list writers" to make the spin-off film. It was said that New Line Cinema had the theatrical rights to Venom eight years ago, but had given back the right to Marvel which have teamed up with Sony Pictures for "Spider-Man 3". Hence, which studios to produce the spin-off isn't known yet.
Considered one of the greatest threats to humanity in the Spider-Man universe, Venom a.k.a. the Venom Symbiote is a sentient alien with a liquid-like form which requires a human host to survive. By bonding itself to the host, it gives its host enhanced power to form a super-villain. Its first host was Spider-Man implementing evil thoughts to the hero. Following Spider-Man's rejection, the alien finds other host and then becomes known as Venom.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says