Keanu Reeves' 'The Night Watchman' to Be Renamed 'Street Kings'?
Few months prior to its release in the theaters, Keanu Reeves' upcoming drama thriller "The Night Watchman" reportedly got a new name. Slash Film reported that Fox Searchlight Pictures have decided to change the title from "The Night Watchman" to "Street Kings".
Allegedly, the renaming of the David Ayer directed-film was done to avoid customers' confusion about this film with the Warner Bros' adaptation of Alan Moore's epic superhero tale "Watchmen" slated for release on March 6, 2009. Yet, so far, official statement from the studio regarding the changing of the title hasn't been outed.
Featuring also Forest Whitaker and Chris Evans, the film follows Tom Ludlow, a veteran LAPD cop who met difficulties in living his life following his wife's death. But, when evidence implicates him in the execution of a fellow officer, he is forced to go up against his cop culture he's been living, and to question the loyalties of everyone around him. The thriller will be released in theaters on April 11, 2008.
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo