Heath Ledger to Be Buried in a Family Plot at Perth's Karrakatta Cemetery
Following a star studded memorial service on the lot of Sony studios in Los Angeles Saturday, February 2, Heath Ledger's remains were transported back to his hometown of Perth by his family. According to Australian newspaper reports, the late actor is expected to be buried in a family plot with two of his grandparents at Perth's Karrakatta Cemetery.
Heath's parents, Kim Ledger and Sally Ledger Bell, and his elder sister Kate Ledger arrived in Brisbane on Tuesday morning, February 5, local time after spending more than a week in Los Angeles attended memorial services for the late actor.
The family, reportedly consisted of 15 people, were expected to make their way to Perth where Heath's body is believed to be buried in a family plot next to two of his grandparents at Perth's Karrakatta Cemetery.
Details of funeral arrangements have not yet been made public, nor it is known if Heath's former fiancee Michelle Williams and their daughter Matilda Rose Ledger will attend the Australian burial service. The mother-daughter didn't attend the Saturday's funeral.
Meanwhile, results of a toxicology test are due to be released by the New York Medical Examiner's Office this week following an earlier autopsy that proved inconclusive.
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'