Heath Ledger to Be Buried in a Family Plot at Perth's Karrakatta Cemetery
Following a star studded memorial service on the lot of Sony studios in Los Angeles Saturday, February 2, Heath Ledger's remains were transported back to his hometown of Perth by his family. According to Australian newspaper reports, the late actor is expected to be buried in a family plot with two of his grandparents at Perth's Karrakatta Cemetery.
Heath's parents, Kim Ledger and Sally Ledger Bell, and his elder sister Kate Ledger arrived in Brisbane on Tuesday morning, February 5, local time after spending more than a week in Los Angeles attended memorial services for the late actor.
The family, reportedly consisted of 15 people, were expected to make their way to Perth where Heath's body is believed to be buried in a family plot next to two of his grandparents at Perth's Karrakatta Cemetery.
Details of funeral arrangements have not yet been made public, nor it is known if Heath's former fiancee Michelle Williams and their daughter Matilda Rose Ledger will attend the Australian burial service. The mother-daughter didn't attend the Saturday's funeral.
Meanwhile, results of a toxicology test are due to be released by the New York Medical Examiner's Office this week following an earlier autopsy that proved inconclusive.
More Heath Ledger News
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'