2008 Plug Awards Tapped Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds to Perform
Australian rock act Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have been hailed as the main performer at this year's Plug Awards. Joining them in the performers line-up are British Hip-Hop artist Dizzee Rascal, American instrumentalist St. Vincent, and Swedish folk singer Jose Gonzales.
Plug co-founder Gerry Hart said, "Having Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds perform at Plug has been a dream of ours since Amaechi (Uzoigwe, co-founder) and I started Plug."
Tickets to the event which will be held March 6 at Terminal 5, New York City, will go for public sales on February 8. Sponsored by Dell, the tickets price has been downed from $25 to only $10. Those who vote for the winners and users of Delllounge.com will be able to purchase the tickets in advance on Wednesday, February 6.
Hosted by comedian Patton Oswalt, the event which is so-called the Grammys for Alternative Rock, has announced its nominees where Of Montreal and Battles are on the lead with 7 nods. To vote for the winners, fans can log on to Plugawards.com and submission will be closed on February 15.
Those unable to attend the event will get to enjoy the live show through online stream at DellLounge.com. Pre-registration has been opened.
Plug Awards is also allowing unsigned acts to join a contest in a bid to perform at the actual event. Together with OurStage.com, the event open a national contest for bands around the country to upload their song and image to OurStage.com. Winner will be determined by online voting by fans.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video