Amy Winehouse Settling U.S. Visa to Attend 50th Grammys
Despite her dad saying that she's not ready for the Grammys, British sensation Amy Winehouse is trying hard to show her face at the American event. She was temporarily released from rehab on Monday, February 4 to reportedly seek a U.S. visa.
The singer who had just been put on a drip in hospital visited the U.S. Embassy in London, accompanied by dad Mitch and a nurse from the rehab. Reports said that she wanted to settle her U.S. visa so that she can travel to the States on Sunday, February 10 in time to attend the awards event that nominates her in six categories.
However, a rep for Winehouse won't confirm whether her visa application is directed straight for her Grammys appearance, saying that "no decision" has been made. The rep explained, "The appointment at the U.S. Embassy was made some time ago and was part of the process for obtaining a visa. Amy was accompanied by a nurse, as the appointment was under supervision. She has not left rehab and remains under the care of the clinic."
Winehouse is particularly hard in obtaining her States visa after she was busted for marijuana possession in Norway in October last year. She is scheduled to appeal the charge in a Norwegian court later this month, according to E! News.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding