Amy Winehouse Settling U.S. Visa to Attend 50th Grammys
Despite her dad saying that she's not ready for the Grammys, British sensation Amy Winehouse is trying hard to show her face at the American event. She was temporarily released from rehab on Monday, February 4 to reportedly seek a U.S. visa.
The singer who had just been put on a drip in hospital visited the U.S. Embassy in London, accompanied by dad Mitch and a nurse from the rehab. Reports said that she wanted to settle her U.S. visa so that she can travel to the States on Sunday, February 10 in time to attend the awards event that nominates her in six categories.
However, a rep for Winehouse won't confirm whether her visa application is directed straight for her Grammys appearance, saying that "no decision" has been made. The rep explained, "The appointment at the U.S. Embassy was made some time ago and was part of the process for obtaining a visa. Amy was accompanied by a nurse, as the appointment was under supervision. She has not left rehab and remains under the care of the clinic."
Winehouse is particularly hard in obtaining her States visa after she was busted for marijuana possession in Norway in October last year. She is scheduled to appeal the charge in a Norwegian court later this month, according to E! News.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby