Britney Spears Required to Stay in the Psych Ward at UCLA for Another 14 Days
Was initially committed to the UCLA Medical Center's psychiatric ward for mental evaluation Thursday, January 31 and scheduled to be released from the hospital on Sunday, February 3, Britney Spears in fact was required to stay hospitalized at UCLA Medical Center for another 14 days.
Cited a section in the state law that allows patients to be retained for medical treatment if they are found to be gravely disabled or a danger to themselves or others, doctors and a medical officer at the UCLA decided on Saturday, February 2 to keep Britney hospitalized for an additional 14 days, it has been confirmed.
"It is the right decision," a source close to the situation said in a statement. "She is safest right now under the care of professionals."
The decision to extend Britney's stay at the Stewart & Lynda Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA reportedly was based on the troubled singer's parents' wishes. Concerning her recent status, which is an involuntary one, Britney could possibly be released earlier than the 14-days time period if she either legally demands it or if her doctor deems her well enough to continue her treatment as an outpatient.
Britney's prolonged stay in treatment was merely a hospital one, that being so no courts were involved in the decision. While there have yet any comments from the hospital nor from Britney's people, it's been reported that Britney had been treated by the much respected Deborah Nadel.
In other Britney news, talk is heating up on her father Jamie Spears being appointed by the court to take over her personal and financial affairs following her hospitalization due to her increasingly bizarre public behavior.
More Britney Spears News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage