Spice Girls Axed Reunion Tour to Return to Family
Spice Girls have finally come to a conclusion that they need to spend more time on their personal and family issues. And for that they have cut short their extensive reunion tour, with their latest date being February 26 in Toronto.
In their official site, Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell, Melanie Brown, Melanie C and Victoria Adams stated that they will scrap off the Africa, Asia, Australia, and South America leg of the tour which may take until mid year if completed. They reasoned that it is impossible to fit everything with the U.K. and U.S. dates kept growing while at the same time they also have to give commitment to their family.
The girls said in the released statement, "We've had such an amazing time over the last 3 months. It's been incredible being back together and seeing our fans again. We want to thank everyone who came to see us. It was all so mad the first time round, so we've really been able to appreciate it properly this time."
They added, "There have been so many highlights and good times that we know it will be hard to be apart after Toronto. Really sorry if we didn't get to see you this time round. We all have other commitments in our lives now but who knows what will happen next."
The dates in Beijing, Sydney, Cape Town and Buenos Aires have not been determined before. Rumor has it that the ticket sales for their concerts in these regions are poor.
More Spice Girls News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel