Former Rocker David Bowie Negotiating to Star in Musical Comedy Film
Former rock singer David Bowie is said to be in talks with Summit Entertainment to play alongside the cast of comedy musical "Will (2009)". Variety reported that 61-year-old multi-talented artist may be joining the already-signed ensemble, including Lisa Kudrow, Vanessa Hudgens, Liam Aiken and Scott Porter.
Co-scripted by Todd Graff and Josh Cagan, "Will" centers on a high school outcast and a popular girl who form an unlikely bond through their shared love of music. Assembling a like-minded crew of misfits, they then form a rock group to perform in their school's battle of the bands competition. The film produced by Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas, Marisa Yeres and Ron Schmidt is slated for 2009 release.
Though famous for his career in music, the upcoming musical project won't be Bowie's first. He has appeared in many kind of films, including the 1976's acclaimed sci-fi film "The Man Who Fell to Earth", as well as giving a cameo appearance in 2001's "Zoolander" starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson. His latest movie project was the 2006's Christopher Nolan's "The Prestige" in which he starred alongside Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle