The Silk Spectre of 'Watchmen' Dished Out the Superhero Film
Attending the prestigious SAG Awards on Sunday, January 27, the actress who plays the character of Sally Jupiter in "Watchmen", Carla Gugino let out details about the upcoming Warner Bros' superhero flick on the red carpet. On the occasion, the 36-year-old actress talked much about her character known also as 'The Silk Spectre'.
To MTV News, she confessed that in the film, her character will be portrayed in two different milestone. She revealed, "I start at 25 years old in the 1940s, and I age to 67 years old with full prosthetics in the 1980s." She further described her character saying, "It was really one of the craziest, most fun roles I've ever gotten to play. [Sally] is a larger-than-life character. She's a costumed crime fighter, but her idea of a costume is very Bettie Page-meets-[Alberto] Vargas."
As for the rape sequence of Sally by another so-called 'hero', Gugino dished out, "The rape scene is pretty crazy that Jeffrey Dean Morgan and I have. Not that I would say that's the one I really want you guys to see. ...The title sequence of this movie is going to be extraordinary. We spent many weeks over the time of the shoot shooting it. That's going to be a very, very special thing that wasn't scripted, that will be really empowering."
"Watchmen" is a complex, multi-layered mystery adventure set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society. The Zack Snyder directed-movie will see stars, such as Malin Akerman, Billy Crudup, Matthew Goode and Jackie Earle Haley among others. It is expected to be released on March 6, 2009 by Warner Bros.
- Sean Spicer Eyed for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 25
- Paris Hilton Poses Half-Naked in Her Panties. See the Sexy Pic!
- Jennifer Aniston 'Humiliates' Jason Bateman at His Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony
- Warwick Davis Lands Role in 'Star Wars' Han Solo Movie
- Angelina Jolie Dishes on Brad Pitt Divorce and Bell's Palsy Diagnosis in New Honest Interview
- 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow': Find Out Who Will Play Season 3 Villain Kuasa
- 'Bond 25': Yann Demange, Denis Villeneuve and David Mackenzie Are Frontrunners to Direct
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Nearing a Greenlight, Mahershala Ali Set to Star