Amy Winehouse Banned by Dad to Attend 50th Grammys
Amy Winehouse, whose chance of getting a visa to America is quite slim, has been banned by her father to attend the 50th Grammy Awards which will be held in Los Angeles. The British singer who is the second big nominee in the prestigious music event, is thought "not ready".
Universal Music, Amy's label, have given their full support on the singer despite her stint in rehab earlier this month for her drug problems. She was also lauded to be the possible performer in the event that takes place on February 10.
On contrary to Universal statement that Amy still intends to attend the event, Mitch Winehouse released a statement to Mirror.co.uk, saying "I'm not sure the Grammys are going to happen. I don't want her to go - I think it might be a bit too soon for her."
Mitch also added that Amy is "not well" but "doing OK" because she is getting a good treatment at the unspecified London rehab.
Amy is nominated for six categories at the 50th Grammys, including Record of the Year and Album of the Year for 'Back to Black' and Best New Artist.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic