Amy Winehouse Banned by Dad to Attend 50th Grammys
Amy Winehouse, whose chance of getting a visa to America is quite slim, has been banned by her father to attend the 50th Grammy Awards which will be held in Los Angeles. The British singer who is the second big nominee in the prestigious music event, is thought "not ready".
Universal Music, Amy's label, have given their full support on the singer despite her stint in rehab earlier this month for her drug problems. She was also lauded to be the possible performer in the event that takes place on February 10.
On contrary to Universal statement that Amy still intends to attend the event, Mitch Winehouse released a statement to Mirror.co.uk, saying "I'm not sure the Grammys are going to happen. I don't want her to go - I think it might be a bit too soon for her."
Mitch also added that Amy is "not well" but "doing OK" because she is getting a good treatment at the unspecified London rehab.
Amy is nominated for six categories at the 50th Grammys, including Record of the Year and Album of the Year for 'Back to Black' and Best New Artist.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video