Amy Winehouse Banned by Dad to Attend 50th Grammys
Amy Winehouse, whose chance of getting a visa to America is quite slim, has been banned by her father to attend the 50th Grammy Awards which will be held in Los Angeles. The British singer who is the second big nominee in the prestigious music event, is thought "not ready".
Universal Music, Amy's label, have given their full support on the singer despite her stint in rehab earlier this month for her drug problems. She was also lauded to be the possible performer in the event that takes place on February 10.
On contrary to Universal statement that Amy still intends to attend the event, Mitch Winehouse released a statement to Mirror.co.uk, saying "I'm not sure the Grammys are going to happen. I don't want her to go - I think it might be a bit too soon for her."
Mitch also added that Amy is "not well" but "doing OK" because she is getting a good treatment at the unspecified London rehab.
Amy is nominated for six categories at the 50th Grammys, including Record of the Year and Album of the Year for 'Back to Black' and Best New Artist.
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge