Diane Kruger to Be One of the 2008 Berlinale Jury
The co-star of Nicolas Cage in "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" Diane Kruger has been chosen to be among the eight international film experts and stars to decide who is to take home the Golden Bear and the Silver Bears. On Tuesday, January 29, the German actress has been announced by the Berlinale organizers to be joining the jury panel at the 2008 Berlin Film Festival which will be held on February 7 to 17.
On the panel led by the 1990 Berlinale Golden Bear-winner Costa-Gavras, Kruger joins Danish director Susanne Bier, French actress Sandrine Bonnaire, production designer Uli Hanisch, sound designer Walter Murch, Russian film producer Alexander Rodniansky and Taiwanese actress Shu Qi. With those fellow, she would have to select films to be awarded the 58th Berlinale's top kudos from the total of 21 films running in the main competition.
The 31-year-old actress made her international breakthrough with her role as Helen of Sparta in Oscar-nominated film "Troy". Her film credits include "Michel Vaillant", "Wicker Park", "National Treasure" and "Joyeux Noel". In 2007, she starred as the wife of a South African prison guard in the Bille August's drama "Goodbye Bafana", which was in the list of the 2007 Berlinale Competition films.
More Diane Kruger News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur