Judge Denied Foxy Brown's Get-Out-of-Jail-Early Request
New York State Supreme Court Judge Melissa Jackson ruled Thursday, January 24 that Foxy Brown would not be allowed to leave the state for medical attention. The judge, in other words, turned down the rapper's request for an early release from jail for ear problem.
Brown petitioned on January 15 for her early release from New York's Rikers Island by January 30 to treat an ear problem she feared could jeopardize her hearing and singing career. In her four-pages handwritten letter to New York Supreme Court Judge, Brown said she has already learned a lesson from serving jail time and thus pleaded to be released.
Her lawyer argued further that the incarceration of the rapper was unfair in light of her ear condition, saying "If her hearing is damaged any further, it will affect the way she hears and it will affect the way she sings. It will have dire consequences on her ability to maintain her profession and livelihood."
Brown asked an early release from jail in order to "have her cochlear implant reprogrammed and repaired" at the House Clinic in Los Angeles. Judge Melissa Jackson, nevertheless, turned down her request and insisted Brown to get treatment in New York.
Brown was sentenced in September 2007 to one year in jail for violating her probation that stemmed from a fight with two manicurists in a New York City nail salon back in August 2004. She was then placed in solitary confinement in late October after being disciplined for a scuffle, verbal assault toward prison officials and her refusal to take a drug test.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered