'300' Star Gerard Butler to Star Opposite Katherine Heigl
The "300" star Gerard Butler has been set to join the cast of Columbia Pictures' latest project "The Ugly Truth". According to Variety, the Phantom of 2004's musical film "Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera" will star opposite "27 Dresses" star Katherine Heigl in the battle of the sexes romantic comedy.
In the film directed by Robert Luketic, the 38-year-old Scottish actor is set to portray Mike Alexander, the host of a television segment with the same title as the feature film. He will be a chauvinistic correspondent who challenged morning show producer played by Heigl in a series of outrageous tests to prove his relationships' theories and help her find love. Additionally, the comedy film is expected to start production in April.
The actor, who recently teamed up with Lakeshore Entertainment for the upcoming action thriller "Game", has appeared in various feature films, including "Tomorrow Never Dies", "Shooters", "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life" and "Beowulf". He recently can be seen starring in "P.S., I Love You" and "Shattered". His next projects also include Guy Ritchie's "Rocknrolla" alongside Tom Wilkinson and Thandie Newton, and Walden Media's "Nim's Island" with Abigail Breslin and Jodie Foster.
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer