'300' Star Gerard Butler to Star Opposite Katherine Heigl
The "300" star Gerard Butler has been set to join the cast of Columbia Pictures' latest project "The Ugly Truth". According to Variety, the Phantom of 2004's musical film "Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera" will star opposite "27 Dresses" star Katherine Heigl in the battle of the sexes romantic comedy.
In the film directed by Robert Luketic, the 38-year-old Scottish actor is set to portray Mike Alexander, the host of a television segment with the same title as the feature film. He will be a chauvinistic correspondent who challenged morning show producer played by Heigl in a series of outrageous tests to prove his relationships' theories and help her find love. Additionally, the comedy film is expected to start production in April.
The actor, who recently teamed up with Lakeshore Entertainment for the upcoming action thriller "Game", has appeared in various feature films, including "Tomorrow Never Dies", "Shooters", "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life" and "Beowulf". He recently can be seen starring in "P.S., I Love You" and "Shattered". His next projects also include Guy Ritchie's "Rocknrolla" alongside Tom Wilkinson and Thandie Newton, and Walden Media's "Nim's Island" with Abigail Breslin and Jodie Foster.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed