Queen Latifah Signed Up as the New Face of U.S. Diet Firm Jenny Craig
Rapper-turned-actress Queen Latifah has been cast for a new 'role,' weight-loss spokeswoman for U.S. diet firm Jenny Craig.
The voluptuous star, who once revealed she wanted to lose weight, is the next celebrity after Kirstie Alley and Valerie Bertinelli to sign up as the face of Jenny Craig's diet program. Officially began her reign as Jenny Craig's newest celebrity client, Latifah could be seen strolling the streets of New York in the new TV commercials for the weight loss company, airing in the States now.
Has openly revealed that she wants to shed a few pounds, Latifah however insists that she is comfortable with her full-figured body and thus wants women everywhere to know that she's not doing it to fit a certain image.
Furthermore insists that the campaign she did for Jenny Craig isn't about weight loss, but about being healthy, Latifah explains "Losing five or 10 percent of my body weight, that is a challenge for me to become healthier, and not be concerned about a stroke, diabetes, liver function, or kidney function. These are real things in America, particularly in the black community. One of my cousins [lost] some weight and the symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes went away."
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2