Queen Latifah Signed Up as the New Face of U.S. Diet Firm Jenny Craig
Rapper-turned-actress Queen Latifah has been cast for a new 'role,' weight-loss spokeswoman for U.S. diet firm Jenny Craig.
The voluptuous star, who once revealed she wanted to lose weight, is the next celebrity after Kirstie Alley and Valerie Bertinelli to sign up as the face of Jenny Craig's diet program. Officially began her reign as Jenny Craig's newest celebrity client, Latifah could be seen strolling the streets of New York in the new TV commercials for the weight loss company, airing in the States now.
Has openly revealed that she wants to shed a few pounds, Latifah however insists that she is comfortable with her full-figured body and thus wants women everywhere to know that she's not doing it to fit a certain image.
Furthermore insists that the campaign she did for Jenny Craig isn't about weight loss, but about being healthy, Latifah explains "Losing five or 10 percent of my body weight, that is a challenge for me to become healthier, and not be concerned about a stroke, diabetes, liver function, or kidney function. These are real things in America, particularly in the black community. One of my cousins [lost] some weight and the symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes went away."
More Queen Latifah News
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'
- 'American Horror Story' Crossover Season Details: Sarah Paulson Could Be Playing 18 Characters
- Kourtney Kardashian Cradles Baby Doll While Covering Her Belly in New Pic