D.J. Caruso Preparing a Trilogy for 'Y: The Last Man'?
Talking about the last issue of Brian K. Vaughan's comic entitled "Y: The Last Man", the director of the comic's adaptation D.J. Caruso hinted that the action sci-fi film may be a trilogy. In an interview with USA Today, the "Disturbia" helmer revealed that the film version will cover the first 14 issues of the Vertigo comic book which opens the possibility to make a trilogy.
On the film itself, Caruso commented, "For me, thematically, the most important thing and the reason I want to do this is...I don't want to say it's the end of the innocence, but it's actually a man-child who has to become a real man now." He also said, "I think it's a really simple, beautiful theme, but at the same time, the movie's really pop-culture entertainment."
"Last Man" centers on Yorick Brown and his Capuchin monkey, Ampersand, who became the last two male mammals on Earth overnight. The two then went on a journey to find what may have wiped out the Y chromosomes as Yorick tries to find his girlfriend Beth, who was on vacation in Australia.
On the pivotal character, Caruso confessed that he has had "preliminary discussions" with rising actor Shia LaBeouf to depict Yorick. The 42-year-old director has worked with the young star of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" in two of DreamWorks' thrillers, "Disturbia" as well as "Eagle Eye".
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free