Mariah Carey's First Single Revealed, But Further Pushed
Just a day after it was reported that Mariah Carey's first single won't take impact on the radio this week, further reports suggest that the single is further pushed to mid-February. All Access updated its New Releases list and cited that the single will only receive airplay on February 12.
The song, that was originally scheduled to be released on January 29, will now roam on Top 40/Mainstream and Top 40/Rhythmic-Crossover radio outlets on the new date. However on the other side, it is now known which song will be made the lead single from the album.
Gossip blog Perez Hilton.com reported that a fan site of Carey named 'Touch My Body' as the chosen one. Producer L.A. Reid allegedly asked Universal Music staff during a meeting to vote between the title track 'That Chick' and 'Touch My Body'. Apparently, the latter which is also reportedly Carey's choice received the highest vote.
Although All Access receives its data directly from the record label, there is still no official announcement on the release date of the single.
'That Chick' will be released on April 1 via Island Def Jam.
More Mariah Carey News
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo