Mariah Carey's First Single Revealed, But Further Pushed
Just a day after it was reported that Mariah Carey's first single won't take impact on the radio this week, further reports suggest that the single is further pushed to mid-February. All Access updated its New Releases list and cited that the single will only receive airplay on February 12.
The song, that was originally scheduled to be released on January 29, will now roam on Top 40/Mainstream and Top 40/Rhythmic-Crossover radio outlets on the new date. However on the other side, it is now known which song will be made the lead single from the album.
Gossip blog Perez Hilton.com reported that a fan site of Carey named 'Touch My Body' as the chosen one. Producer L.A. Reid allegedly asked Universal Music staff during a meeting to vote between the title track 'That Chick' and 'Touch My Body'. Apparently, the latter which is also reportedly Carey's choice received the highest vote.
Although All Access receives its data directly from the record label, there is still no official announcement on the release date of the single.
'That Chick' will be released on April 1 via Island Def Jam.
More Mariah Carey News
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character