Leona Lewis' Debut 'Americanized' With Akon Duet
British singer and X Factor winner Leona Lewis is on the verge of breaking the U.S. music industry with her 'Spirit' album. For that, she tapped the assistance of Akon and Madd Scientist and Rock City to revamp the album so that it would be 'Americanized'.
Lewis will add two new songs in the U.S. version, one is a duet with Akon called 'Forgive Me' and the other a collaboration with Madd Scientist and Rock City on 'Misses Glass'. The collaborators were contacted by producer Clive Davies who had helmed the successful U.K. version.
The album will be released Stateside on April 8 via Simon Cowell's label J/SyCo Music with its first single 'Bleeding Love' already taking impact on iTunes. Part of the U.S. invasion will also include the premiere of video 'Bleeding Love' on VH1 on February 4.
U.S. Version of 'Bleeding Love':
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered