Bobby Brown: 'I'm Doing a Country Album!'
R'n'B singer Bobby Brown who is known for his troubled marriage to singer Whitney Houston and his spontaneous act, has announced that he will release a country album. For one thing, Brown is one of seven contestants featured on CMT's reality show 'Gone Country'.
The show sees seven non-country people competing with each other to become a country music singer. The winner will have a country single produced by John Rich of the Big & Rich duo. However, Brown revealed in an interview with MTV that he is doing the whole album, and that he had pocketed one song called 'The Man'. "It's a pretty nice ballad," Brown said. "(It talks about) everything I've been through in my life."
Brown also said that he noticed obvious similarities between writing country and R'n'B songs, describing his country sound as "Bobby Brown-ish with a little twang to it." In fact, country may not be Brown's last stop in exploring other music genre. "Maybe I'll tackle Latin music next, but for now, it's country," he gushed.
The album which is titled 'The Masterpiece' is planned to be released in the middle of the year with a pure R'n'B album following after.
'Gone Country' is in its first season, features seven contestants including Brown, Diana DeGarmo, Julio Iglesias Jr., Maureen McCormick, Sisqo, Dee Snider and Carnie Wilson. It is broadcast on CMT with re-run on VH1 and TV Land.
More Bobby Brown News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby