Bobby Brown: 'I'm Doing a Country Album!'
R'n'B singer Bobby Brown who is known for his troubled marriage to singer Whitney Houston and his spontaneous act, has announced that he will release a country album. For one thing, Brown is one of seven contestants featured on CMT's reality show 'Gone Country'.
The show sees seven non-country people competing with each other to become a country music singer. The winner will have a country single produced by John Rich of the Big & Rich duo. However, Brown revealed in an interview with MTV that he is doing the whole album, and that he had pocketed one song called 'The Man'. "It's a pretty nice ballad," Brown said. "(It talks about) everything I've been through in my life."
Brown also said that he noticed obvious similarities between writing country and R'n'B songs, describing his country sound as "Bobby Brown-ish with a little twang to it." In fact, country may not be Brown's last stop in exploring other music genre. "Maybe I'll tackle Latin music next, but for now, it's country," he gushed.
The album which is titled 'The Masterpiece' is planned to be released in the middle of the year with a pure R'n'B album following after.
'Gone Country' is in its first season, features seven contestants including Brown, Diana DeGarmo, Julio Iglesias Jr., Maureen McCormick, Sisqo, Dee Snider and Carnie Wilson. It is broadcast on CMT with re-run on VH1 and TV Land.
More Bobby Brown News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test