Bobby Brown: 'I'm Doing a Country Album!'
R'n'B singer Bobby Brown who is known for his troubled marriage to singer Whitney Houston and his spontaneous act, has announced that he will release a country album. For one thing, Brown is one of seven contestants featured on CMT's reality show 'Gone Country'.
The show sees seven non-country people competing with each other to become a country music singer. The winner will have a country single produced by John Rich of the Big & Rich duo. However, Brown revealed in an interview with MTV that he is doing the whole album, and that he had pocketed one song called 'The Man'. "It's a pretty nice ballad," Brown said. "(It talks about) everything I've been through in my life."
Brown also said that he noticed obvious similarities between writing country and R'n'B songs, describing his country sound as "Bobby Brown-ish with a little twang to it." In fact, country may not be Brown's last stop in exploring other music genre. "Maybe I'll tackle Latin music next, but for now, it's country," he gushed.
The album which is titled 'The Masterpiece' is planned to be released in the middle of the year with a pure R'n'B album following after.
'Gone Country' is in its first season, features seven contestants including Brown, Diana DeGarmo, Julio Iglesias Jr., Maureen McCormick, Sisqo, Dee Snider and Carnie Wilson. It is broadcast on CMT with re-run on VH1 and TV Land.
More Bobby Brown News
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Tom Hanks, Piers Morgan, Donald Trump and More Mourn the Death of Space Legend John Glenn
- Are Caitlyn Jenner and Amber Rose Wooing Each Other?