R.E.M. Announced Tour Dates for 'Accelerate'
R.E.M. will bring their new album 'Accelerate' down the street in a tour that begins May 23 in Vancouver. They have also announced which supporting acts they will bring along.
In an official announcement on Monday, January 28, it was revealed that the rock band have recruited Modest Mouse and The National. Reports said that R.E.M.'s frontman Michael Stipe has been a long admirer of The National and attended one of their shows in London last year.
Along with the string of dates, R.E.M. is also confirmed to headline this year's SxSW that runs March 7 to 16 in several different venues.
'Accelerate' will be dropped April 1 via Warner Bros. Records.
R.E.M.'s Tour Dates:
- May 23: Vancouver (Deer Lake Park)
- May 29: Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl)
- May 31: Berkeley, Calif. (Greek Theater)
- June 3: Morrison, Colo. (Red Rocks)
- June 6: Chicago (United Center)
- June 8: Toronto (Molson Amphitheater)
- June 10: Raleigh, N.C. (Walnut Creek)
- June 11: Columbia, Md. (Merriweather Post Pavilion)
- June 13: Mansfield, Mass. (Tweeter Center)
- June 14: Wantagh, N.Y. (Jones Beach)
- June 18: Philadelphia (Mann Center
- June 19: New York (TBA)
- June 21: Atlanta (Lakewood Amphitheater)
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off