R.E.M. Announced Tour Dates for 'Accelerate'
R.E.M. will bring their new album 'Accelerate' down the street in a tour that begins May 23 in Vancouver. They have also announced which supporting acts they will bring along.
In an official announcement on Monday, January 28, it was revealed that the rock band have recruited Modest Mouse and The National. Reports said that R.E.M.'s frontman Michael Stipe has been a long admirer of The National and attended one of their shows in London last year.
Along with the string of dates, R.E.M. is also confirmed to headline this year's SxSW that runs March 7 to 16 in several different venues.
'Accelerate' will be dropped April 1 via Warner Bros. Records.
R.E.M.'s Tour Dates:
- May 23: Vancouver (Deer Lake Park)
- May 29: Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl)
- May 31: Berkeley, Calif. (Greek Theater)
- June 3: Morrison, Colo. (Red Rocks)
- June 6: Chicago (United Center)
- June 8: Toronto (Molson Amphitheater)
- June 10: Raleigh, N.C. (Walnut Creek)
- June 11: Columbia, Md. (Merriweather Post Pavilion)
- June 13: Mansfield, Mass. (Tweeter Center)
- June 14: Wantagh, N.Y. (Jones Beach)
- June 18: Philadelphia (Mann Center
- June 19: New York (TBA)
- June 21: Atlanta (Lakewood Amphitheater)
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune