R.E.M. Announced Tour Dates for 'Accelerate'
R.E.M. will bring their new album 'Accelerate' down the street in a tour that begins May 23 in Vancouver. They have also announced which supporting acts they will bring along.
In an official announcement on Monday, January 28, it was revealed that the rock band have recruited Modest Mouse and The National. Reports said that R.E.M.'s frontman Michael Stipe has been a long admirer of The National and attended one of their shows in London last year.
Along with the string of dates, R.E.M. is also confirmed to headline this year's SxSW that runs March 7 to 16 in several different venues.
'Accelerate' will be dropped April 1 via Warner Bros. Records.
R.E.M.'s Tour Dates:
- May 23: Vancouver (Deer Lake Park)
- May 29: Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl)
- May 31: Berkeley, Calif. (Greek Theater)
- June 3: Morrison, Colo. (Red Rocks)
- June 6: Chicago (United Center)
- June 8: Toronto (Molson Amphitheater)
- June 10: Raleigh, N.C. (Walnut Creek)
- June 11: Columbia, Md. (Merriweather Post Pavilion)
- June 13: Mansfield, Mass. (Tweeter Center)
- June 14: Wantagh, N.Y. (Jones Beach)
- June 18: Philadelphia (Mann Center
- June 19: New York (TBA)
- June 21: Atlanta (Lakewood Amphitheater)
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board