'The Mummy' Villain to Star as Bad Guy Zartan in 'G.I. Joe'
The villain High Priest Imhotep in "The Mummy" series has reportedly joined the cast of action movie "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". According to IESB.net, Arnold Vosloo has been cast by director Stephen Sommers to depict the main bad guy Zartan in the film based on Hasbro's action figures.
Zartan is a mercenary who works with Destro and Cobra. This character, which is fluent in twenty languages and dialects, is described to be similar to a chameleon since he can imitate anyone to an exact physical and vocal likeness. He is an expert martial artist, master archer and the leader of the biker gang known as the Dreadnoks who also suffers from Paranoid Schizophrenia and Multiple Personality Disorder.
Before joining "Joe", Vosloo has twice worked with Sommers in "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns". The South African-born actor has made guess-appearances in many television series, including in "24" and "Alias". He also has starred in a few feature films, naming some are "Agent Cody Banks" and "Blood Diamond".
UPDATE 01/29/08: Another leading character has found its depicter. According to Variety, the star of "The Parent Traps" Dennis Quaid has been signed to portray General Hawk, the grizzled team leader. The former husband of actress Meg Ryan has recently finished shooting Gary Fleder-directed film "The Express". Next, he can be seen in Noam Murro-directed drama "Smart People" and Pete Travis-directed thriller "Vantage Point".
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway