'The Mummy' Villain to Star as Bad Guy Zartan in 'G.I. Joe'
The villain High Priest Imhotep in "The Mummy" series has reportedly joined the cast of action movie "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". According to IESB.net, Arnold Vosloo has been cast by director Stephen Sommers to depict the main bad guy Zartan in the film based on Hasbro's action figures.
Zartan is a mercenary who works with Destro and Cobra. This character, which is fluent in twenty languages and dialects, is described to be similar to a chameleon since he can imitate anyone to an exact physical and vocal likeness. He is an expert martial artist, master archer and the leader of the biker gang known as the Dreadnoks who also suffers from Paranoid Schizophrenia and Multiple Personality Disorder.
Before joining "Joe", Vosloo has twice worked with Sommers in "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns". The South African-born actor has made guess-appearances in many television series, including in "24" and "Alias". He also has starred in a few feature films, naming some are "Agent Cody Banks" and "Blood Diamond".
UPDATE 01/29/08: Another leading character has found its depicter. According to Variety, the star of "The Parent Traps" Dennis Quaid has been signed to portray General Hawk, the grizzled team leader. The former husband of actress Meg Ryan has recently finished shooting Gary Fleder-directed film "The Express". Next, he can be seen in Noam Murro-directed drama "Smart People" and Pete Travis-directed thriller "Vantage Point".
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?