'The Mummy' Villain to Star as Bad Guy Zartan in 'G.I. Joe'
The villain High Priest Imhotep in "The Mummy" series has reportedly joined the cast of action movie "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". According to IESB.net, Arnold Vosloo has been cast by director Stephen Sommers to depict the main bad guy Zartan in the film based on Hasbro's action figures.
Zartan is a mercenary who works with Destro and Cobra. This character, which is fluent in twenty languages and dialects, is described to be similar to a chameleon since he can imitate anyone to an exact physical and vocal likeness. He is an expert martial artist, master archer and the leader of the biker gang known as the Dreadnoks who also suffers from Paranoid Schizophrenia and Multiple Personality Disorder.
Before joining "Joe", Vosloo has twice worked with Sommers in "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns". The South African-born actor has made guess-appearances in many television series, including in "24" and "Alias". He also has starred in a few feature films, naming some are "Agent Cody Banks" and "Blood Diamond".
UPDATE 01/29/08: Another leading character has found its depicter. According to Variety, the star of "The Parent Traps" Dennis Quaid has been signed to portray General Hawk, the grizzled team leader. The former husband of actress Meg Ryan has recently finished shooting Gary Fleder-directed film "The Express". Next, he can be seen in Noam Murro-directed drama "Smart People" and Pete Travis-directed thriller "Vantage Point".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival