Miley Cyrus 'Upset' With Fake Essay to Win Her Tickets
Miley Cyrus finally speaks out about one of the many eccentric ways people do to get the tickets to her show. The teen singer confessed that she is "upset" that the winner of a contest to win her tickets earlier this month was a faker.
A mother of Hannah Montana fan submitted an essay as part of a contest to win tickets to a sold-out show that also includes a make over and an all-expense paid trip. Priscilla Ceballos faked a story for her daughter Alexis, telling that the girl's father had been killed in Iraq while in fact the mentioned person was not even recorded in the Department of Defense data.
The essay opens with "My daddy died this year in Iraq." Ceballos had apologized for the incident saying, "Please accept my heartfelt apology and please do not punish my child for my mistake."
Meanwhile, from Cyrus' camp, the starlet said, "I was really kind of upset. I mean, that's just not a cool scenario. But it just shows what people will do for a ticket." Cyrus gave out the statement in an interview with Good Morning American that is set to air Monday, January 28.
Cyrus is touring to promote her 2007 album 'Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus' and has just extended the trek up to January 31. 'Best of Both Worlds Tour' is ranked sixth in the top North American concert, according to trade publication Pollstar.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce