Angelina Jolie Plans a Day-Long Vigil and Sizable Donation to Commemorate Mother's Death
Marking the first anniversary of her mother Marcheline Bertrand's death, Angelina Jolie is planning to hold a day-long vigil and make a sizable donation to the Los Angeles hospital where the late actress lost her battle to ovarian cancer.
Jolie, who's been reported pregnant with twins, was left devastated when her mother Marcheline passed away at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on January 27, 2007 at 56 because of ovarian cancer.
And now that the first anniversary of her mother's death is just around the corner, Jolie "wants to pay tribute to Marcheline in the best way she can. She is going to go with her partner Brad Pitt, their children and her brother, James, to Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where Marcheline died," a source in the know said.
"They are going to give a donation to the hospital's women's cancer research fund, and then they are going to visit Marcheline's grave."
In addition to the planned vigil and donation, Jolie reportedly also plans to show her and Brad's children; Maddox, Pax, Zahara, and Shiloh pictures of their late grandmother. "Angelina knows the children don't remember Marcheline, and she finds that thought really difficult. She hopes by showing them pictures of Marcheline, and cooking her favorite meal - thick vegetable soup - the children will feel some sort of connection to their grandmother," the source revealed further.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts