Felony Drug and Weapons Charges Officially Filed Against Lil Wayne
Lil Wayne was formally charged on Friday, January 25 with one count each of possession of a narcotic drug for sale, possession of dangerous drugs, misconduct involving weapons and one count of possession of drug paraphernalia.
The rapper was in justice court in Wellton, Arizona that day for a scheduled hearing related to his arrest on Tuesday night, January 22 for felony drug possession after Border Patrol officers allegedly found marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy in his tour bus after the vehicle was pulled over for a routine check.
Was initially freed on $10,185 bond a little before 2 P.M. Wednesday, January 23, Lil Wayne saw Yuma County Attorney's Office lifted bail restriction against him, which will allow him to leave the state and perform at scheduled events.
Free to travel outside Arizona until his next hearing, scheduled to take place on February 12, Wayne according to his lawyer "absolutely will be present at his next court date" and was in the meantime on his way to perform in Richmond, Va. on Friday night.
More Lil Wayne News
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?