Felony Drug and Weapons Charges Officially Filed Against Lil Wayne
Lil Wayne was formally charged on Friday, January 25 with one count each of possession of a narcotic drug for sale, possession of dangerous drugs, misconduct involving weapons and one count of possession of drug paraphernalia.
The rapper was in justice court in Wellton, Arizona that day for a scheduled hearing related to his arrest on Tuesday night, January 22 for felony drug possession after Border Patrol officers allegedly found marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy in his tour bus after the vehicle was pulled over for a routine check.
Was initially freed on $10,185 bond a little before 2 P.M. Wednesday, January 23, Lil Wayne saw Yuma County Attorney's Office lifted bail restriction against him, which will allow him to leave the state and perform at scheduled events.
Free to travel outside Arizona until his next hearing, scheduled to take place on February 12, Wayne according to his lawyer "absolutely will be present at his next court date" and was in the meantime on his way to perform in Richmond, Va. on Friday night.
More Lil Wayne News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist