Michael Jackson to Highlight 50th Grammys?
As more and more artists are announced to highlight the 50th Annual Grammy Awards, more are also spilled on the 'rumored list'. Michael Jackson's name erupted as the latest artist who will pop up his face at the event, either only attending or better still, performing.
Reporter Diane Dimond who wrote a book on Jackson's molestation case, reportedly received a memo that leaked on the way. The content of the memo is not specified but it is known that Sony BMG is "pulling out all the stops to help its one time mega-star re-enter the pop music scene."
In the memo, it is also mentioned that 2008 will be made the year for 'Thriller', a new release from Jackson which marks the 25th anniversary of the legendary album. It will be released two days after the Grammys gala is held on February 10, leading to speculations that his appearance at the event is timely.
"I'm 90 percent sure that Michael Jackson will make an appearance at the Grammys," Dimond told Los Angeles Times reporter Tom O'Neill. "I've heard that he's going to be there, but I'm not sure if he's going to perform or just make an appearance."
The 50th Annual Grammy Awards will be held at Staples Center, Los Angeles and broadcast by CBS television on 8:00 to 11:30 P.M. ET. Other rumored performers at the event are Janet Jackson, Britney Spears and Amy Winehouse.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones