Michael Jackson to Highlight 50th Grammys?
As more and more artists are announced to highlight the 50th Annual Grammy Awards, more are also spilled on the 'rumored list'. Michael Jackson's name erupted as the latest artist who will pop up his face at the event, either only attending or better still, performing.
Reporter Diane Dimond who wrote a book on Jackson's molestation case, reportedly received a memo that leaked on the way. The content of the memo is not specified but it is known that Sony BMG is "pulling out all the stops to help its one time mega-star re-enter the pop music scene."
In the memo, it is also mentioned that 2008 will be made the year for 'Thriller', a new release from Jackson which marks the 25th anniversary of the legendary album. It will be released two days after the Grammys gala is held on February 10, leading to speculations that his appearance at the event is timely.
"I'm 90 percent sure that Michael Jackson will make an appearance at the Grammys," Dimond told Los Angeles Times reporter Tom O'Neill. "I've heard that he's going to be there, but I'm not sure if he's going to perform or just make an appearance."
The 50th Annual Grammy Awards will be held at Staples Center, Los Angeles and broadcast by CBS television on 8:00 to 11:30 P.M. ET. Other rumored performers at the event are Janet Jackson, Britney Spears and Amy Winehouse.
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake