John Rich Going Solo While Big Kenny Recovering
John Rich, one part of country duo Big & Rich, is taking sometime off from the band to record a solo album. Details on the album are still scarce but it is known that a lead single is scheduled for a Summer release.
Apparently, Rich decided to keep the creative juice flowing while his singing partner, Big Kenny is recovering from his injury that resulted from a car accident few years ago. "If anyone knows me, they know I'm always writing music," said the singer who is also assisting Jessica Simpson and Jewel Kilcher on their first country albums.
He added, "When we decided to take this year off so Kenny could focus on rehabilitation for a pre-existing injury, I asked Kenny if he was cool with me recording a solo project. I would only do this with Kenny's blessing. So, this year you can expect a solo record from me, but Big & Rich will be back in 2009!"
There is still no title or release date for the Warner Bros Nashville album.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?