John Rich Going Solo While Big Kenny Recovering
John Rich, one part of country duo Big & Rich, is taking sometime off from the band to record a solo album. Details on the album are still scarce but it is known that a lead single is scheduled for a Summer release.
Apparently, Rich decided to keep the creative juice flowing while his singing partner, Big Kenny is recovering from his injury that resulted from a car accident few years ago. "If anyone knows me, they know I'm always writing music," said the singer who is also assisting Jessica Simpson and Jewel Kilcher on their first country albums.
He added, "When we decided to take this year off so Kenny could focus on rehabilitation for a pre-existing injury, I asked Kenny if he was cool with me recording a solo project. I would only do this with Kenny's blessing. So, this year you can expect a solo record from me, but Big & Rich will be back in 2009!"
There is still no title or release date for the Warner Bros Nashville album.
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say