Heath Ledger's Body Taken Out of Funeral Home
Heath Ledger's body was on Friday afternoon, January 25 taken out of the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home in New York City reportedly to be en routed to an unspecified airport where the actor's body would then be flown back to his hometown of Perth, Australia.
None of Heath's family was seen on the scene as a large pine coffin carrying Heath's body was loaded into a Cadillac hearse to be transported to a local-area airport a little before 4 P.M.
Earlier in the day, Heath's family was photographed getting off a plane at Los Angeles International airport, apparently on their way to New York. According to Access Hollywood, "Pictures from 7 Net show a large group of people, including Ledger's father Kim and other family members departing a Qantas flight that arrived at 6:00am at Los Angeles International Airport. They were met by a representative of the Australian consulate along with a sizable contingent of police and private security then drove away from the airport in two cars."
And while speculation has been mounting that Heath's body would likely be buried in his hometown of Perth following a memorial service in Los Angeles, U.S., no official plans have been made pubic just yet. A representative for the late actor, however, insisted services for Heath will remain private, saying "At this time, we will not be releasing any information. There are no plans for a public service."
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise