Foxy Brown Leaked New Track About Her 'Pain'
Foxy Brown is still gearing up the work of her album despite unfortunate ordeals and run-ins with the law. The rapper who will soon release her first studio album in 7 years, have recorded a new track called 'Star Cry' that recounts her pain in the past 10 years.
The leaked track is recorded back in August before she was sentenced to a probation after smacking a neighbor with Blackberry. In the chorus she raps: "Lord have mercy/ I'm so controversy/ Bet you never seen a star cry/ I gave you my life/ You get my blood, sweat and tears/ Hip-hop's bad girl for 10 f***ing years."
Her manager Chaz Williams revealed that Brown asked for a private time to record the song, where nobody was allowed to enter the studio. "It was real introspective and real personal to her and she acted that way during the recording of it," Williams said. "I thought it was one of the best records she's done by far, to me. I felt that it was something that she did a lot different than she did before, even when she did personal records."
On other verse in the song, Brown referred to the time when media gathered outside her mother's house to get a story after her court dates. For it she dissed out: "How can y'all judge my life, like I ain't have a struggle?/ Sometimes I feel like I live inside a f***ing bubble/ I work hard for mine, baby, I'm a thoroughbred/ And I don't care what channel five and the haters said."
Brown's former publicist Marvet Britto also complimented the song but "didn't know if Chaz or the label was going to put it out." The song is a possible track that will make the cut to her 'Brooklyn's Don Diva' album which is set to be dropped February 5, 2008.
Foxy Brown's 'Star Cry':
More Foxy Brown News
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?