Confirmed, Lil' Kim Leaving Atlantic Records
Lil' Kim leaving Atlantic Records is no longer only a speculation. The label issued a statement, confirming the rapper's departure while at the same time hinting that they separated on good terms.
To AllHipHop.com, a representative of Atlantic said, "We wish Lil' Kim the best of luck in all of her future endeavours." The rumor on Kim's departure first sparked when she told DJ Kay Slay on Sirius Satellite Radio show that she has no hard feelings towards the label. Kim had been with Atlantic well over a decade, releasing her first four albums under their wing since 1996.
Questions are now leading to which label Kim will turn to. Words are spreading that she will join Fat Joe at Imperial Records, while other reports are saying that she will go independent because she gets apt in music industry. Despite all, rep of Imperial spilled on Thursday, January 24 that Kim is not yet signed to the label.
Kim plans to release a studio album this year, scheduling it to be released either in April or May.
More Lil' Kim News
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway