Confirmed, Lil' Kim Leaving Atlantic Records
Lil' Kim leaving Atlantic Records is no longer only a speculation. The label issued a statement, confirming the rapper's departure while at the same time hinting that they separated on good terms.
To AllHipHop.com, a representative of Atlantic said, "We wish Lil' Kim the best of luck in all of her future endeavours." The rumor on Kim's departure first sparked when she told DJ Kay Slay on Sirius Satellite Radio show that she has no hard feelings towards the label. Kim had been with Atlantic well over a decade, releasing her first four albums under their wing since 1996.
Questions are now leading to which label Kim will turn to. Words are spreading that she will join Fat Joe at Imperial Records, while other reports are saying that she will go independent because she gets apt in music industry. Despite all, rep of Imperial spilled on Thursday, January 24 that Kim is not yet signed to the label.
Kim plans to release a studio album this year, scheduling it to be released either in April or May.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart