Confirmed, Lil' Kim Leaving Atlantic Records
Lil' Kim leaving Atlantic Records is no longer only a speculation. The label issued a statement, confirming the rapper's departure while at the same time hinting that they separated on good terms.
To AllHipHop.com, a representative of Atlantic said, "We wish Lil' Kim the best of luck in all of her future endeavours." The rumor on Kim's departure first sparked when she told DJ Kay Slay on Sirius Satellite Radio show that she has no hard feelings towards the label. Kim had been with Atlantic well over a decade, releasing her first four albums under their wing since 1996.
Questions are now leading to which label Kim will turn to. Words are spreading that she will join Fat Joe at Imperial Records, while other reports are saying that she will go independent because she gets apt in music industry. Despite all, rep of Imperial spilled on Thursday, January 24 that Kim is not yet signed to the label.
Kim plans to release a studio album this year, scheduling it to be released either in April or May.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences