Confirmed, Lil' Kim Leaving Atlantic Records
Lil' Kim leaving Atlantic Records is no longer only a speculation. The label issued a statement, confirming the rapper's departure while at the same time hinting that they separated on good terms.
To AllHipHop.com, a representative of Atlantic said, "We wish Lil' Kim the best of luck in all of her future endeavours." The rumor on Kim's departure first sparked when she told DJ Kay Slay on Sirius Satellite Radio show that she has no hard feelings towards the label. Kim had been with Atlantic well over a decade, releasing her first four albums under their wing since 1996.
Questions are now leading to which label Kim will turn to. Words are spreading that she will join Fat Joe at Imperial Records, while other reports are saying that she will go independent because she gets apt in music industry. Despite all, rep of Imperial spilled on Thursday, January 24 that Kim is not yet signed to the label.
Kim plans to release a studio album this year, scheduling it to be released either in April or May.
More Lil' Kim News
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair