Confirmed, Lil' Kim Leaving Atlantic Records
Lil' Kim leaving Atlantic Records is no longer only a speculation. The label issued a statement, confirming the rapper's departure while at the same time hinting that they separated on good terms.
To AllHipHop.com, a representative of Atlantic said, "We wish Lil' Kim the best of luck in all of her future endeavours." The rumor on Kim's departure first sparked when she told DJ Kay Slay on Sirius Satellite Radio show that she has no hard feelings towards the label. Kim had been with Atlantic well over a decade, releasing her first four albums under their wing since 1996.
Questions are now leading to which label Kim will turn to. Words are spreading that she will join Fat Joe at Imperial Records, while other reports are saying that she will go independent because she gets apt in music industry. Despite all, rep of Imperial spilled on Thursday, January 24 that Kim is not yet signed to the label.
Kim plans to release a studio album this year, scheduling it to be released either in April or May.
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry