Nas Will Be Dropped by Label If Still Using 'Nigger'
Unable to reach an ultimate agreement on the album title, Nas and his label, Def Jam, reportedly will go separate ways. The rapper had previously made it highly-publicized that his new album will be named, 'Nigger', but the label finds it inappropriate.
The report was first outed by MediaTakeOut.com that quoted a source as saying "There is no way that we can put out an album with that title. Many retailers have already told us - flat out - that they won't carry (an album with that title)."
Nas made the decision late last year to at first named his album 'Nigga' before later changed it to 'Nigger', with the explanation that he "wanna make the word easy on muthafuckas' ears. You see how white boys ain't mad at 'cracker' cause it don't have the same (pick up) as 'nigger'? I want 'nigger' to have less meaning (than) 'cracker'."
However, Def Jam reportedly is not taking risk with the title and would rather drop the husband of singer Kelis if he insists. The source continued, "Nas' last album sold pretty well, but not well enough for the headache he's causing the label. If Nas doesn't change his mind, he'll be dropped. And he doesn't have to much time to come to that realization."
The album will be dropped in coincidence to Black History Month in February 2008.
More Nas News
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly