Scarlett Johansson's Debut Album Finds a Release Date
Scarlett Johansson will release her debut album this year. While it's no longer a secret that she holds a passion in the music field, the acclaimed actress chooses to have a cover album for her first instead of an album full of new materials.
Johansson who will portray the titular character on 'Mary Queen of Scots', has compiled her rendition of Tom Waits song. The production is taken by Dave Sitek from TV on the Radio and collaborations come from Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist, Nick Zinner, and Celebration's Sean Antanaitis.
Johansson recorded the album in Maurice, Lousiana at a Dockside studio. Not only is her voice considered on the same level to the late Marilyn Monroe but it is also predicted to earn her a Grammy, said the Dockside studio owner Steve Nails.
The album which is titled 'Anywhere I Lay My Head' consists of 10 cover tracks and an original material. It will be released on May 20 via Rhino Entertainment's Atco imprint, according to Billboard.com.
Johansson's first public singing is when she served as the backing vocal of reunited The Jesus and Mary Chain at the 2007 Coachella Festival, singing 'Just Like Honey'.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video