Scarlett Johansson's Debut Album Finds a Release Date
Scarlett Johansson will release her debut album this year. While it's no longer a secret that she holds a passion in the music field, the acclaimed actress chooses to have a cover album for her first instead of an album full of new materials.
Johansson who will portray the titular character on 'Mary Queen of Scots', has compiled her rendition of Tom Waits song. The production is taken by Dave Sitek from TV on the Radio and collaborations come from Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist, Nick Zinner, and Celebration's Sean Antanaitis.
Johansson recorded the album in Maurice, Lousiana at a Dockside studio. Not only is her voice considered on the same level to the late Marilyn Monroe but it is also predicted to earn her a Grammy, said the Dockside studio owner Steve Nails.
The album which is titled 'Anywhere I Lay My Head' consists of 10 cover tracks and an original material. It will be released on May 20 via Rhino Entertainment's Atco imprint, according to Billboard.com.
Johansson's first public singing is when she served as the backing vocal of reunited The Jesus and Mary Chain at the 2007 Coachella Festival, singing 'Just Like Honey'.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media