Scarlett Johansson's Debut Album Finds a Release Date
Scarlett Johansson will release her debut album this year. While it's no longer a secret that she holds a passion in the music field, the acclaimed actress chooses to have a cover album for her first instead of an album full of new materials.
Johansson who will portray the titular character on 'Mary Queen of Scots', has compiled her rendition of Tom Waits song. The production is taken by Dave Sitek from TV on the Radio and collaborations come from Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist, Nick Zinner, and Celebration's Sean Antanaitis.
Johansson recorded the album in Maurice, Lousiana at a Dockside studio. Not only is her voice considered on the same level to the late Marilyn Monroe but it is also predicted to earn her a Grammy, said the Dockside studio owner Steve Nails.
The album which is titled 'Anywhere I Lay My Head' consists of 10 cover tracks and an original material. It will be released on May 20 via Rhino Entertainment's Atco imprint, according to Billboard.com.
Johansson's first public singing is when she served as the backing vocal of reunited The Jesus and Mary Chain at the 2007 Coachella Festival, singing 'Just Like Honey'.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates