Johnny Depp to Replace Heath Ledger in 'Dr Parnassus'?
Missing their leading actor Heath Ledger due to his sudden death last Tuesday, January 22, it was reported that the helmer of "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" Terry Gilliman chose Ledger's friend Johnny Depp to replace him. According to reports, the eccentric Captain Jack Sparrow in "Pirates of the Caribbean" series was hand picked by the director for the role.
A studio source told The Sun, "Johnny's not working at the moment so everyone is praying he will do it." Still, it was mentioned that though the role would be given to the actor, Ledger's take on the film won't be re-shot. The insider explained, "There is a point in the film when Heath falls through a magic mirror. He could change into another character after that and that is where Johnny would come in. It's a weird, fantasy, time-travel movie so Heath's character could easily change appearance. It would be a poignant moment."
Depp, whose latest movie "Sweeney Todd" nominated for Academy Award, is currently involved with Michael Mann's crime drama "Public Enemies" alongside Christian Bale, while his two other projects "Shantaram" and "The Rum Diary" are put on hold because of the writers' strike. On the news related to Ledger, The Sun reported that three days before his passing, the "A Knight's Tale" star had a furious bust-up with the film's bosses because they refused to reshoot a scene which he was unhappy with.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?