Johnny Depp to Replace Heath Ledger in 'Dr Parnassus'?
Missing their leading actor Heath Ledger due to his sudden death last Tuesday, January 22, it was reported that the helmer of "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" Terry Gilliman chose Ledger's friend Johnny Depp to replace him. According to reports, the eccentric Captain Jack Sparrow in "Pirates of the Caribbean" series was hand picked by the director for the role.
A studio source told The Sun, "Johnny's not working at the moment so everyone is praying he will do it." Still, it was mentioned that though the role would be given to the actor, Ledger's take on the film won't be re-shot. The insider explained, "There is a point in the film when Heath falls through a magic mirror. He could change into another character after that and that is where Johnny would come in. It's a weird, fantasy, time-travel movie so Heath's character could easily change appearance. It would be a poignant moment."
Depp, whose latest movie "Sweeney Todd" nominated for Academy Award, is currently involved with Michael Mann's crime drama "Public Enemies" alongside Christian Bale, while his two other projects "Shantaram" and "The Rum Diary" are put on hold because of the writers' strike. On the news related to Ledger, The Sun reported that three days before his passing, the "A Knight's Tale" star had a furious bust-up with the film's bosses because they refused to reshoot a scene which he was unhappy with.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences