'The Flash' Update From Producer
On "The Bank Job" press conference held on Thursday, January 24, producer Charles Roven opens up about his upcoming superhero project "The Flash". According to LatinoReview.com, though Roven keeps much of the information regarding the action drama film a secret, he revealed the tone of the movie.
When asked whether the film would be made a sort of light comedy, Roven revealed that the movie would be an action one. He stated, "It's gonna be straight ahead and do a lot of honor to the source material. We're not going in a comedy direction. It's gonna be straight ahead action movie with a lot of character but it's not gonna necessarily be like The Dark Knight or anything, it's going to be its own thing. At least, that's what we're gonna try to do."
Though not willing to give out any information regarding the casting, the producer said that he finds it interesting that there was more than one Flash, the first one was Jay Garrick followed by Barry Allen and Wally West. On the script, he confessed that it hasn't been written due to the on-going strike.
On the occasion, he also let out that Jason Statham's upcoming projects "Transporter 3" will be shot in Paris. Concerning the status of "The Dark Knight" following the death of Heath Ledger, he commented, "You know, we're all very sad about what happened, but you know, right now, other than a pause to think about and give honor to Heath, we're gonna go forward and just finish the movie."
More The Flash News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance