Ne-Yo Aiming a Lawsuit Against Beyonce Knowles?
Ne-Yo is in suing mode, for after filing a lawsuit against Rowe Entertainment Inc. for throwing him out of R. Kelly's 'Double Up' Tour, he is now set to file another one for Beyonce Knowles. Ne-Yo is claiming his right over writing credit in Beyonce's song 'Irreplaceable'.
MediaTakeOut.com who first spilled the bean, reported that Ne-Yo planned the lawsuit after Beyonce refused to appear on his next album while in fact he was taking major production in her 'B'Day' album. This 'not returning the favor' case has led Ne-Yo attempting to re-coup the royalties from their collaboration in the Grammy-nominated hit 'Irreplaceable' where he became one of the co-writers.
"(Ne-Yo) was never paid for writing the song Irreplaceable," a source told MediaTakeOut.com. "There was just an understanding that he'd help out on (Beyonce's album) and when it was his time to make his album, Beyonce would return the favor. It doesn't look like Beyonce's going to be working on the album. Ne-Yo could have sold that song for hundreds of thousands of dollars. I know that he's consulted a lawyer over what to do about things."
The source continued that there is still no confirmation on whether Ne-Yo will go through with the alleged lawsuit.
Ne-Yo is still facing the case against R. Kelly's tour promoter who is accused of breach of contract and violation of the right of publicity. He was cut from the tour after only serving two nights and paid only a little amount from what was specified in the contract.
More Ne-Yo News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes