Heath Ledger's Death Causing Trouble for 'The Dark Knight' Campaign?
The passing of Heath Ledger is reportedly put "The Dark Knight" marketing campaign in uncertainty. According to Variety, the campaign of the superhero flick may be faced with a few of challenges since the first phase of the ad is built around the character of Joker portrayed by Ledger.
Following the tragic news, an insider working on the campaign commented about the possible effect of the actor death to the ad campaign. The insider said, "The Joker character is dealing with chaos and life and death and a lot of dark themes. Everyone is going to interpret every line out of his mouth in a different way now."
So far, Warner Brothers have been developing its campaign centering on Ledger's spine-chilling character. One poster of the movie mainly features Joker drawing a clown's smile on a mirror with red lipstick and inscribing the words, "Why So Serious?" Additionally, the villain's tagline also became the name of a website used by the studio to give out new photos from the movie and to provide a viral scavenger hunt among other games.
Regarding the further campaign, the studio executives haven't given any comment on how they would proceed. Warner's president Alan Horn only expressed condolences stating, "The studio is stunned and devastated by this tragic news. Heath was a brilliant actor and an exceptional person."
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date