Heath Ledger's Death Causing Trouble for 'The Dark Knight' Campaign?
The passing of Heath Ledger is reportedly put "The Dark Knight" marketing campaign in uncertainty. According to Variety, the campaign of the superhero flick may be faced with a few of challenges since the first phase of the ad is built around the character of Joker portrayed by Ledger.
Following the tragic news, an insider working on the campaign commented about the possible effect of the actor death to the ad campaign. The insider said, "The Joker character is dealing with chaos and life and death and a lot of dark themes. Everyone is going to interpret every line out of his mouth in a different way now."
So far, Warner Brothers have been developing its campaign centering on Ledger's spine-chilling character. One poster of the movie mainly features Joker drawing a clown's smile on a mirror with red lipstick and inscribing the words, "Why So Serious?" Additionally, the villain's tagline also became the name of a website used by the studio to give out new photos from the movie and to provide a viral scavenger hunt among other games.
Regarding the further campaign, the studio executives haven't given any comment on how they would proceed. Warner's president Alan Horn only expressed condolences stating, "The studio is stunned and devastated by this tragic news. Heath was a brilliant actor and an exceptional person."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen