'The Pianist' Star Adrien Brody to Star as Music-Biz Figure
The Academy Award-winning actor for "The Pianist" Adrien Brody will be paired with multiple awards-winning actor Jeffrey Wright in Sony BMG Film's new film project. According to Variety, the two actors will depict a pair of major music-biz figures in "Cadillac Records".
Brody will star as famed blues/R 'n' B record executive Leonard Chess, while Wright will be portraying musician Muddy Waters. In the movie focused on Chicago in the '50s, the two big names will be joining the cast of Columbus Short, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Cedric the Entertainer and Tammy Blanchard.
Centering on the lives of many different musicians like Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf and Elvis Presley, the film will be written and directed by Darnell Martin, while Andrew Lack and Sofia Sondervan are producing. The filming is scheduled to start in March 2008 in New Jersey and Mississippi.
Brody's big break came with the role of Wladyslaw Szpilman in "The Pianist" following that he stars in various films, including M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village", "The Jacket" with Keira Knightley, Peter Jackson's "King Kong", Allen Coulter's "Hollywoodland" and Wes Anderson's "The Darjeeling Limited" alongside Owen Wilson. Meanwhile, Wright's feature credits include "Angels in America", "The Manchurian Candidate", "Syriana", "Casino Royale" and "The Invasion". He is currently involved with the production of "Bond 22".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed