'The Pianist' Star Adrien Brody to Star as Music-Biz Figure
The Academy Award-winning actor for "The Pianist" Adrien Brody will be paired with multiple awards-winning actor Jeffrey Wright in Sony BMG Film's new film project. According to Variety, the two actors will depict a pair of major music-biz figures in "Cadillac Records".
Brody will star as famed blues/R 'n' B record executive Leonard Chess, while Wright will be portraying musician Muddy Waters. In the movie focused on Chicago in the '50s, the two big names will be joining the cast of Columbus Short, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Cedric the Entertainer and Tammy Blanchard.
Centering on the lives of many different musicians like Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf and Elvis Presley, the film will be written and directed by Darnell Martin, while Andrew Lack and Sofia Sondervan are producing. The filming is scheduled to start in March 2008 in New Jersey and Mississippi.
Brody's big break came with the role of Wladyslaw Szpilman in "The Pianist" following that he stars in various films, including M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village", "The Jacket" with Keira Knightley, Peter Jackson's "King Kong", Allen Coulter's "Hollywoodland" and Wes Anderson's "The Darjeeling Limited" alongside Owen Wilson. Meanwhile, Wright's feature credits include "Angels in America", "The Manchurian Candidate", "Syriana", "Casino Royale" and "The Invasion". He is currently involved with the production of "Bond 22".
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full