More Details on Usher's Father's Death
Report on the death of Usher's father has been made public just yesterday, and here comes an official confirmation from the R&B star's representative about the unfortunate.
Usher's father, named Usher Terry Raymond III, passed away at an Atlanta hospital on Friday, January 18, a representative for Usher confirmed to People, adding that the cause of death was not immediately known.
While Usher himself has not yet available for comment, it's been confirmed that a funeral has been set to take place this week at the Taylor funeral home chapel in Chattanooga, Tenn.
MediaTakeOut.com who was the first to report the bad news, said that Usher, wife Tameka Foster, and his mother Jonetta Patton were all at Usher Terry Raymond III's bedside by the time he passed away.
Patton and Usher Terry Raymond III split shortly after Usher was born. Usher's father was reported to struggle with a long-running addiction to crack cocaine, but managed to keep in touch with the singer throughout his personal troubles.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'