Scarlett Johansson's Drama Rounds Up 2008 Berlinale's Movie Lineup
Scarlett Johansson's historical drama "The Other Boleyn Girl" completes the 58th Berlin International Film Festival's main program. As promised after the first 18 titles announcement on press releases on December 10, January 9 and January 15, the final eight films lineup has been confirmed on January 18, some of which rounded up the Competition program.
Joining "Boleyn Girl" in the lineup are three other U.S.A. films, namely Dennis Lee's family drama "Fireflies in the Garden" starring Julia Roberts, Michel Gondry's comedy "Be Kind Rewind" starring Jack Black, and Lance Hammer's "Ballast", one Korean film "Bam gua Nat", one French film "Il y a longtemps que je t'aime", one Finland film "Musta Jaa" and one Iran film "Avaze Gonjeshk-ha". Five of the films will make its world premiere in the festival, while the three other will have their international premiere.
Though managed to take part in the festival, the Justin Chadwick directed-film starring also Natalie Portman and Eric Bana as well as "Fireflies" and "Be Kind" won't be participating in the Competition program for the Golden Bear trophy, while the five others will still be up for the prize. On the occasion, it was also announced that "Be Kind" will be the closing film for the 2008 Berlinale on February 17.
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'