Sonic Youth's Frontman Penned Adult Movie Scores
One more member of Sonic Youth has joined a film project. While his band mate Kim Gordon is making a transition to become an actress, guitarist Thurston Moore prefers to stay behind a film score.
Moore is lending his songwriting talent to an adult movie called 'Extra Action (And Extra Hardcore)' which DVD is due to be out in U.S. on March 18. Richard Kern who has directed many of Sonic Youth's music videos have sat as the director of the MVD movie which "documents 60 amateur women (unpretentious, unadorned and undressed) set to an original musical score by Thurston Moore."
Moore had in 1994 scored the original scores of film 'Backbeat' with among others Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl. In the later years, he had also penned several songs for films 'Velvet Goldmine', 'Heavy' and 'Manic'.
Meanwhile, Gordon is slated to start shooting a short film directed by Ali Raza which is based on a short story by author Miranda July. She will be joined by OK Go's Damian Kulash.
The track list for 'Extra Action (And Extra Hardcore)':
- 'The King Of Sex'
- 'Scooter And Jinx'
- 'Goodbye 42nd Street'
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service