Sonic Youth's Frontman Penned Adult Movie Scores
One more member of Sonic Youth has joined a film project. While his band mate Kim Gordon is making a transition to become an actress, guitarist Thurston Moore prefers to stay behind a film score.
Moore is lending his songwriting talent to an adult movie called 'Extra Action (And Extra Hardcore)' which DVD is due to be out in U.S. on March 18. Richard Kern who has directed many of Sonic Youth's music videos have sat as the director of the MVD movie which "documents 60 amateur women (unpretentious, unadorned and undressed) set to an original musical score by Thurston Moore."
Moore had in 1994 scored the original scores of film 'Backbeat' with among others Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl. In the later years, he had also penned several songs for films 'Velvet Goldmine', 'Heavy' and 'Manic'.
Meanwhile, Gordon is slated to start shooting a short film directed by Ali Raza which is based on a short story by author Miranda July. She will be joined by OK Go's Damian Kulash.
The track list for 'Extra Action (And Extra Hardcore)':
- 'The King Of Sex'
- 'Scooter And Jinx'
- 'Goodbye 42nd Street'
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video