Diego Luna to Be Sean Penn's Lover in 'Milk'?
Mexican actor Diego Luna has reportedly been signed to join the cast of "Milk". According to Entertainment Weekly, the actor in Salma Hayek's "Frida" gets the part of Jack Lira, the supporter and lover of Sean Penn's character, Harvey Milk.
The biopic tells the story of Milk, who was the first openly gay man to be elected to public office in America. He was voted to be in the city supervisors' board of San Francisco in 1977, but assassinated the following year along with Mayor George Moscone by another city supervisor, Dan White.
Gus Van Sant's drama film also starred by Josh Brolin, Emile Hirsch, James Franco, Victor Garber, Denis O'Hare, and Stephen Spinella. It is expected to be distributed by Focus Features sometime in 2009.
Luna was famous for his telenovela work and also for his role in "Y tu mama tambien". He got to be known in America for various supporting roles in American movies, including Robert Duvall and Kevin Costner's "Open Range" and Tom Hanks' "The Terminal".
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick