Diego Luna to Be Sean Penn's Lover in 'Milk'?
Mexican actor Diego Luna has reportedly been signed to join the cast of "Milk". According to Entertainment Weekly, the actor in Salma Hayek's "Frida" gets the part of Jack Lira, the supporter and lover of Sean Penn's character, Harvey Milk.
The biopic tells the story of Milk, who was the first openly gay man to be elected to public office in America. He was voted to be in the city supervisors' board of San Francisco in 1977, but assassinated the following year along with Mayor George Moscone by another city supervisor, Dan White.
Gus Van Sant's drama film also starred by Josh Brolin, Emile Hirsch, James Franco, Victor Garber, Denis O'Hare, and Stephen Spinella. It is expected to be distributed by Focus Features sometime in 2009.
Luna was famous for his telenovela work and also for his role in "Y tu mama tambien". He got to be known in America for various supporting roles in American movies, including Robert Duvall and Kevin Costner's "Open Range" and Tom Hanks' "The Terminal".
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed