Ginuwine Suing Non-Existent Record Label
Ginuwine is demanding his money from King Music Group, Inc. The R'n'B singer signed a deal with the record label back in 2007 and has yet to receive the amount of money he was promised with. He had filed a lawsuit and reached a settlement which was not materialized and for that, he is now suing for breach of contract and fraud again.
Part of the deal they made involves a $500,000 in advance which has not been received by Ginuwine. In fact, a $1.75 million was promised when Ginuwine agreed to record an album for the company. However, it was later known that there is no such corporate record suggesting the label actually exists anywhere in New York, California, Florida or Tennessee.
Ginuwine filed a complaint on Wednesday, January 16, accusing King and its owner Michael Bourne to have caused significant damages to his career. Ginuwine claimed that the commitment with King had caused him to turn down other opportunities and kept him from recording new materials.
In a statement, the singer's attorney Brandon Witkow said, "It is our belief that Mr. Bourne never intended to follow through with his and King Music Group's obligations under the Settlement Agreement. Mr. Bourne has continuously misrepresented his intent and ability to comply with his promises. As a result, Ginuwine has no other choice but to pursue further legal action to obtain compensation for his lost professional opportunities and other damage he has suffered."
On other news, a new track from Ginuwine's new supergroup TGT has been leaked on-line. The song called 'Sex' is a collaborative track with Tank and Tyrese Gibson which allegedly is taken from their debut album.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa