Chingy Shot 'Gimme Dat' Video With Ludacris, Behind the Scene
Chingy sat next to his once-rival Ludacris to talk about their latest project, a collaboration called 'Gimme Dat'. The single, which is the second from Chingy's Disturbing Tha Peace release 'Hate It or Love It', is featuring Ludacris and Bobby V. All three of them have just shot the video in Los Angeles.
"We figured we'd move forward and reunite," Chingy said. "We need more unity." The rapper left DTP in 2004 due to a dispute with Ludacris, the CEO in charge at that time, over royalties. Chingy then moved to Capitol Records and released two more records 'Powerballin'' and 'Hoodstar' before rubbing off with the new label as well.
On his return to DTP and making peace with Ludacris in 2007 Chingy said, "It feels like I never went nowhere. 'Cris is like a brother to me, and I'm glad to be back and handling business with everyone." In fact, Chingy returns to a larger family circle at DTP. "Disturbing Tha Peace: We don't die, we multiply," Ludacris explained. "It's a lot of members we got. A lot of artists are dropping in 2008. We got singers, rappers - it's a little bit of everything."
Behind the scene of the music video shoot that was accumulated by MTV News has been leaked on-line. It also shows Ludacris talking about his new album 'Theater of Mind' which will be released later this month.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance