Pink Teams Up with PETA to Fight Horse-Drawn Carriage Industry
Is a strict vegetarian and prominent campaigner for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Pink has teamed up with the animal rights organization to unveil a Times Square billboard spotlighting the horror of the horse-drawn carriage industry in New York.
"Every time I see a horse-drawn carriage in a concrete jungle, I point and yell 'animal cruelty' at the top of my lungs to try to make the driver and occupants as uncomfortable as possible," the songbird said in a statement. "It honestly hurts my heart when I think of what those horses must be feeling, as far as anxiety and fear, and how unnatural and wrong it is for these animals to have blinders on, trotting up and down on concrete, while taxis blare and people scream. It's absolutely unnatural and ignorant of us to continue this outdated tradition. What about this is romantic?"
PETA's horse-drawn carriage campaign comes shortly after the New York City comptroller audited the carriage horse industry and found that the city "abandoned many of its responsibilities and permitted some carriage owners to maintain their horses in substandard conditions." Shortly after the report was released, a carriage horse got into an accident and died when frightened by the sound of street musician's drums.
Visit PETA for more about the campaign and below is the Times Square billboard Pink did for PETA, enjoy.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner