Pink Teams Up with PETA to Fight Horse-Drawn Carriage Industry
Is a strict vegetarian and prominent campaigner for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Pink has teamed up with the animal rights organization to unveil a Times Square billboard spotlighting the horror of the horse-drawn carriage industry in New York.
"Every time I see a horse-drawn carriage in a concrete jungle, I point and yell 'animal cruelty' at the top of my lungs to try to make the driver and occupants as uncomfortable as possible," the songbird said in a statement. "It honestly hurts my heart when I think of what those horses must be feeling, as far as anxiety and fear, and how unnatural and wrong it is for these animals to have blinders on, trotting up and down on concrete, while taxis blare and people scream. It's absolutely unnatural and ignorant of us to continue this outdated tradition. What about this is romantic?"
PETA's horse-drawn carriage campaign comes shortly after the New York City comptroller audited the carriage horse industry and found that the city "abandoned many of its responsibilities and permitted some carriage owners to maintain their horses in substandard conditions." Shortly after the report was released, a carriage horse got into an accident and died when frightened by the sound of street musician's drums.
Visit PETA for more about the campaign and below is the Times Square billboard Pink did for PETA, enjoy.
More Pink News
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'