George Michael to Write a "No-Holds-Barred" Autobiography to Come Out in the Fall of 2009
George Michael has signed a publishing deal with HarperCollins to write his autobiography. The "Wham!" singer and tabloid magnet has agreed to write a "no-holds-barred" memoir, focused on his professional and personal life, which is expected to be released in the Fall of 2009.
Described the deal as one of the "biggest ever" in UK publishing, a spokesperson for HarperCollins said "This is an incredibly exciting publishing event. George is one of the best-known and best-loved pop singers in the world, with an extraordinary story to tell. I am particularly thrilled by this deal, as I have long been a fan of George's. Most importantly, this really will be a truly authentic book - and an exceptional one, as he's going to be writing it entirely himself."
Andy Stephens, Michael's manager, in the meantime commented, "George has promised HarperCollins a no-holds-barred biography, and it's certain to be just that. People aren't stupid, they're beginning to notice that the truth is more interesting than the stories the press come up with."
No words on how much the deal was worth, but a publishing official with knowledge of the negotiations was quoted by AP as saying "the deal was worth at least $6 million for British rights alone, among the biggest publishing contracts ever for that market, and at least $7 million overall."
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters