Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds Call It Quit After Just Two Weeks of Marriage
Eddie Murphy and his wife of just two weeks, Tracey Edmonds, have split up.
The newlyweds reportedly ended their relationship on January 4, 2008, in Bora Bora, whereas they were married in a spiritual ceremony on the island on January 1.
Bora Bora is part of French Polynesia which is under French law, which stipulates a wedding is valid only if the couple have been in the territory for at least 30 days or if they are married in a town hall by a mayor. That being so, under the US law Eddie and Tracey need a ceremony on U.S. soil to make the marriage legal.
Initially planned on having a legal marriage ceremony upon returning to the U.S., the pair however decided to split, issued a statement through their representative, saying "After much consideration and discussion, we have jointly decided that we will forego having a legal ceremony as it is not necessary to define our relationship further. While the recent symbolic union in Bora Bora was representative of our deep love, friendship and respect that we have for one another on a spiritual level, we have decided to remain friends."
Eddie and Tracey began dating in Fall 2006 and were engaged July last year. The actor comedian has five children from his previous marriage to model Nicole Mitchell and he also is the father of ex-girlfriend Melanie Brown's daughter, Angel Iris Murphy Brown. As of Tracey, she has two sons from her previous marriage to singer Babyface.
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown