Tennis Phenom Maria Sharapova Tapped as Sony Ericsson's Global Brand Ambassador
The professional tennis player predicate attached to Maria Sharapova has earned the tennis star another major profession which is the first global brand ambassador for Sony Ericsson.
Sharapova reportedly has just signed a four-years contract with the mobile communications firm to serve as its global brand ambassador which means she will take part in consumer campaigns and promote a range of products and accessories. She, additionally, will be working with the Sony Ericsson design team to possibly produce some to-be-named products and accessories.
"It is really exciting to be working with a cool brand like Sony Ericsson which has such a strong reputation in the entertainment industry," Sharapova was quoted as saying about her deal with Sony Ericsson.
"Securing a global brand ambassador is a natural progression to take our brand to the next level in an increasingly competitive market-place," so Dee Dutta, head of marketing at Sony Ericsson, said in a statement.
Dee, furthermore, added "Our alignment with Maria's global iconic status, combined with our brand expertise and innovative thinking aims to provide something new and something different to our customers around the world."
Enjoy some of the ads Sharapova shot for Sony Ericsson below.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes