Tennis Phenom Maria Sharapova Tapped as Sony Ericsson's Global Brand Ambassador
The professional tennis player predicate attached to Maria Sharapova has earned the tennis star another major profession which is the first global brand ambassador for Sony Ericsson.
Sharapova reportedly has just signed a four-years contract with the mobile communications firm to serve as its global brand ambassador which means she will take part in consumer campaigns and promote a range of products and accessories. She, additionally, will be working with the Sony Ericsson design team to possibly produce some to-be-named products and accessories.
"It is really exciting to be working with a cool brand like Sony Ericsson which has such a strong reputation in the entertainment industry," Sharapova was quoted as saying about her deal with Sony Ericsson.
"Securing a global brand ambassador is a natural progression to take our brand to the next level in an increasingly competitive market-place," so Dee Dutta, head of marketing at Sony Ericsson, said in a statement.
Dee, furthermore, added "Our alignment with Maria's global iconic status, combined with our brand expertise and innovative thinking aims to provide something new and something different to our customers around the world."
Enjoy some of the ads Sharapova shot for Sony Ericsson below.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia