Tennis Phenom Maria Sharapova Tapped as Sony Ericsson's Global Brand Ambassador
The professional tennis player predicate attached to Maria Sharapova has earned the tennis star another major profession which is the first global brand ambassador for Sony Ericsson.
Sharapova reportedly has just signed a four-years contract with the mobile communications firm to serve as its global brand ambassador which means she will take part in consumer campaigns and promote a range of products and accessories. She, additionally, will be working with the Sony Ericsson design team to possibly produce some to-be-named products and accessories.
"It is really exciting to be working with a cool brand like Sony Ericsson which has such a strong reputation in the entertainment industry," Sharapova was quoted as saying about her deal with Sony Ericsson.
"Securing a global brand ambassador is a natural progression to take our brand to the next level in an increasingly competitive market-place," so Dee Dutta, head of marketing at Sony Ericsson, said in a statement.
Dee, furthermore, added "Our alignment with Maria's global iconic status, combined with our brand expertise and innovative thinking aims to provide something new and something different to our customers around the world."
Enjoy some of the ads Sharapova shot for Sony Ericsson below.
More Maria Sharapova News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story