Amy Winehouse to Record Hanukkah Songs
Behind her constantly-exposed personal life, Amy Winehouse has been gearing the work on her actual career, a singer. Producer Mark Ronson who has worked with her a couple of times, revealed that they had been in talks and will hit the studio soon.
To RollingStone.com Ronson revealed, "She's writing songs, and we talked about getting a studio. I have to finish a few other things first, but I imagine we'll go into the studio this year." Even more surprising, there is a possibility that Winehouse will release a holiday album where Christmas classics are at one side and Hanukkah songs featured on the other.
"She's got songs called, like, 'Kosher Kisses' and 'Alone Under the Mistletoe.' She was kind of fucking around, but I was like, 'You have all these amazing records to play for Christmas, like Motown and Carla Thomas and the Charlie Brown Christmas, and unfortunately, us Jews have nothing that cool to listen to. So we should do something."
Ronson is also eying a collaboration at the Grammys which will take place February 10 with the 'Rehab' singer. "I'm not exactly sure what song she is going to do, but I will be a part of it. I'm not an egomaniac, but with the whirlwind year she has had, with all the acclaim, I thought it was a nice gesture for her to say, 'Hey, I want you to be up on stage with me 'cause it'll be fun.'"
Although Ronson thinks that the event will be "suck" without Winehouse, the DJ may have to cross his fingers for her visa in U.S. Winehouse was in green card trouble following an arrest in Norway in October 2007 for possession of marijuana. But bottom line, she may not appear at all if the show is canceled due to the writer's strike.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed