'Diving Bell' Gathered Nod at 19th PGA Awards
On the announcement of the 19th PGA Awards' nominations made on Monday, January 14, "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" becomes the only foreign language film to be nominated for the Producers Guild of America's top feature film awards. The film produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Jon Kilik receives nod for the Darryl F. Zanuck Producer of the Year Award in Theatrical Motion Pictures.
Under the category, the French-American film will be facing strong contenders, the crime tale "No Country for Old Men" and the historical epic "There Will Be Blood". Aside from the two film critics' favorites, it also has to be up against the teen-pregnancy comedy "Juno" and the legal drama "Michael Clayton".
Meanwhile, running for the Producer of the Year Award in Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures are Pixar's "Ratatouille", DreamWorks' "Bee Movie" and Fox's "The Simpsons Movie". Aside from the two categories for the movie producers, the nomination for the best documentary producer goes to health-care romp "Sicko", the Iraq War tale "Body of War", the deafness narrative "Hear and Now", the music chronicle "Pete Seeger: The Power of Song" and the World War II film "White Light/Black Rain: The Destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki".
All of the winners of the 19th Annual PGA Awards will be announced at a gala dinner held at the Beverly Hilton on February 2, 2008. In the meantime, the complete list of the PGA's nominees, including for the television categories, can be seen at producersguild.org.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal