'Diving Bell' Gathered Nod at 19th PGA Awards
On the announcement of the 19th PGA Awards' nominations made on Monday, January 14, "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" becomes the only foreign language film to be nominated for the Producers Guild of America's top feature film awards. The film produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Jon Kilik receives nod for the Darryl F. Zanuck Producer of the Year Award in Theatrical Motion Pictures.
Under the category, the French-American film will be facing strong contenders, the crime tale "No Country for Old Men" and the historical epic "There Will Be Blood". Aside from the two film critics' favorites, it also has to be up against the teen-pregnancy comedy "Juno" and the legal drama "Michael Clayton".
Meanwhile, running for the Producer of the Year Award in Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures are Pixar's "Ratatouille", DreamWorks' "Bee Movie" and Fox's "The Simpsons Movie". Aside from the two categories for the movie producers, the nomination for the best documentary producer goes to health-care romp "Sicko", the Iraq War tale "Body of War", the deafness narrative "Hear and Now", the music chronicle "Pete Seeger: The Power of Song" and the World War II film "White Light/Black Rain: The Destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki".
All of the winners of the 19th Annual PGA Awards will be announced at a gala dinner held at the Beverly Hilton on February 2, 2008. In the meantime, the complete list of the PGA's nominees, including for the television categories, can be seen at producersguild.org.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says