Ellen Page Cast in Drew Barrymore's Directorial Project?
The pregnant teenager in "Juno", Ellen Page, reportedly is being cast in Drew Barrymore's directorial debut project "Whip It!". The rumor broke out following FilmSchoolRejects' e-mail interview with Shauna Cross, the author of the novel 'Derby Girl' that is adapted into the film.
When asked about the casting, the author/screenwriter hinted that the Kitty Pryde in "X-Men: The Last Stand" is one of the actresses to play in the film. FilmSchoolRejects noted her answer writing, "Rumor is the lead could be played by an actress whose name rhymes with 'Shmellen Shmage.' (Translates to: Ellen Page?) But what do I know? I'm just the writer."
Meanwhile, from the interview it is also revealed that the movie will be produced by Flower Films alongside Barry Mendel and Kiwi Smith. It is scheduled to start production in March. Further, the drama film tells about Bliss Cavendar, a blue haired, indie-rock loving girl who finds her identity through the power of roller derby.
UPDATE 01/17/08: On Tuesday, January 15, Variety reported that the star of "Juno" is indeed going to star in the Mandate Pictures' drama.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert