Ellen Page Cast in Drew Barrymore's Directorial Project?
The pregnant teenager in "Juno", Ellen Page, reportedly is being cast in Drew Barrymore's directorial debut project "Whip It!". The rumor broke out following FilmSchoolRejects' e-mail interview with Shauna Cross, the author of the novel 'Derby Girl' that is adapted into the film.
When asked about the casting, the author/screenwriter hinted that the Kitty Pryde in "X-Men: The Last Stand" is one of the actresses to play in the film. FilmSchoolRejects noted her answer writing, "Rumor is the lead could be played by an actress whose name rhymes with 'Shmellen Shmage.' (Translates to: Ellen Page?) But what do I know? I'm just the writer."
Meanwhile, from the interview it is also revealed that the movie will be produced by Flower Films alongside Barry Mendel and Kiwi Smith. It is scheduled to start production in March. Further, the drama film tells about Bliss Cavendar, a blue haired, indie-rock loving girl who finds her identity through the power of roller derby.
UPDATE 01/17/08: On Tuesday, January 15, Variety reported that the star of "Juno" is indeed going to star in the Mandate Pictures' drama.
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off
- David Beckham Smashes His Tooth During Snowboarding Trip, Days After Son Brooklyn Got Arm Injury