Ellen Page Cast in Drew Barrymore's Directorial Project?
The pregnant teenager in "Juno", Ellen Page, reportedly is being cast in Drew Barrymore's directorial debut project "Whip It!". The rumor broke out following FilmSchoolRejects' e-mail interview with Shauna Cross, the author of the novel 'Derby Girl' that is adapted into the film.
When asked about the casting, the author/screenwriter hinted that the Kitty Pryde in "X-Men: The Last Stand" is one of the actresses to play in the film. FilmSchoolRejects noted her answer writing, "Rumor is the lead could be played by an actress whose name rhymes with 'Shmellen Shmage.' (Translates to: Ellen Page?) But what do I know? I'm just the writer."
Meanwhile, from the interview it is also revealed that the movie will be produced by Flower Films alongside Barry Mendel and Kiwi Smith. It is scheduled to start production in March. Further, the drama film tells about Bliss Cavendar, a blue haired, indie-rock loving girl who finds her identity through the power of roller derby.
UPDATE 01/17/08: On Tuesday, January 15, Variety reported that the star of "Juno" is indeed going to star in the Mandate Pictures' drama.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says