Ellen Page Cast in Drew Barrymore's Directorial Project?
The pregnant teenager in "Juno", Ellen Page, reportedly is being cast in Drew Barrymore's directorial debut project "Whip It!". The rumor broke out following FilmSchoolRejects' e-mail interview with Shauna Cross, the author of the novel 'Derby Girl' that is adapted into the film.
When asked about the casting, the author/screenwriter hinted that the Kitty Pryde in "X-Men: The Last Stand" is one of the actresses to play in the film. FilmSchoolRejects noted her answer writing, "Rumor is the lead could be played by an actress whose name rhymes with 'Shmellen Shmage.' (Translates to: Ellen Page?) But what do I know? I'm just the writer."
Meanwhile, from the interview it is also revealed that the movie will be produced by Flower Films alongside Barry Mendel and Kiwi Smith. It is scheduled to start production in March. Further, the drama film tells about Bliss Cavendar, a blue haired, indie-rock loving girl who finds her identity through the power of roller derby.
UPDATE 01/17/08: On Tuesday, January 15, Variety reported that the star of "Juno" is indeed going to star in the Mandate Pictures' drama.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism