Ellen Page Cast in Drew Barrymore's Directorial Project?
The pregnant teenager in "Juno", Ellen Page, reportedly is being cast in Drew Barrymore's directorial debut project "Whip It!". The rumor broke out following FilmSchoolRejects' e-mail interview with Shauna Cross, the author of the novel 'Derby Girl' that is adapted into the film.
When asked about the casting, the author/screenwriter hinted that the Kitty Pryde in "X-Men: The Last Stand" is one of the actresses to play in the film. FilmSchoolRejects noted her answer writing, "Rumor is the lead could be played by an actress whose name rhymes with 'Shmellen Shmage.' (Translates to: Ellen Page?) But what do I know? I'm just the writer."
Meanwhile, from the interview it is also revealed that the movie will be produced by Flower Films alongside Barry Mendel and Kiwi Smith. It is scheduled to start production in March. Further, the drama film tells about Bliss Cavendar, a blue haired, indie-rock loving girl who finds her identity through the power of roller derby.
UPDATE 01/17/08: On Tuesday, January 15, Variety reported that the star of "Juno" is indeed going to star in the Mandate Pictures' drama.
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere